The Central Bank of Malaysia (Bank Negara Malaysia) is the custodian of biennial event, The Global Islamic Finance Forum.
The Association of Islamic Banking and Financial Institutions Malaysia, or known as AIBIM, with support of the Central Bank of Malaysia is organising the Global Islamic Finance Forum 2018 (GIFF2018) from 3rd to 4th October. This year GIFF2018's theme is Value Based Intermediation – Beyond Profit.
The central feature of this topic is understanding values in banking, introducing them into the DNA of banks and encouraging thinking and action that goes beyond profits.
It focuses on ways to strengthen the roles and impact of Islamic banking institutions towards a sustainable financial ecosystem and promotes the application of value-based intermediation practices.
This practice leads to an improved suite of products and services offered by the Islamic banking institutions for better facilitation of entrepreneurship, community well-being, sustainable environment and economic growth.
All done without compromising shareholders' returns.
This two-day forum will discuss a host of topics delivered through panel discussions, top mind presentations and fireside chats.
GIFF2018 will cover topics such as:
- Integrating Sustainability and Responsible Financing into the Financial Sector
- Pushing the Sustainable Agenda to the Board
- Roadmap to Sustainability
- Reporting on Sustainability
- Technological Disruption Impacting Sustainable Finance
- Advancing and Driving Systematic Change
- Delivering Superior Customer Experience and Valuing and Fulfilling the Customers’ Needs.
The presentations and discussions will culminate in a Statement of Commitment by the GIFF Council Bank representatives on strategies and actions needed by the industry to implement and sustain this change.